LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 7 March 2014

A little something I'm working on...

Hey y'all

I don't have much to share today, because I'm in the middle of about five projects, none of which are finished. But I thought I'd share something I'm working on



It will eventually be a mini album, full of photos of my girls, and some fun facts about them right now.
I've suddenly realised that so much of their nature, their little quirks, sayings etc, get lost in the business of life. I want to try to record that as much as I can.

I'm pretty certain the inside will be fairly simple, but for the cover I used this sweet Some Odd Girls image, Daffodil Fairy.


I coloured her in with Copics and Spectrum Noir markers (a combination), and then 'Did a Kathy Rac" on her. Kathy Racoosin does THE most amazing adjustments/embellishments to her copic-coloured images, with a white gel pen. I thought I'd give it a whirl. Its nowhere near Kathy's genius, but I just kept thinking "WWKD" (What would Kathy Do lol).
I'm pretty certain I"ll be trying that again, it was fun to add to the image with the gel pen.

I love the Some Odd Girl Images. So fun, playful, and those big eyes? They're just so sweet.

I'll be back soon with more images from inside, and plenty of other projects!

Take care!

2 comments:

Anna Sigga said...

This card is sooo stinking cute love eh hair!

Miss NiceRoad said...

Awesome fairy card :D