LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Thursday 9 January 2014

Project Life 2014: lets keep trying

Hi!

Although I've almost never blogged about it, I "do" Project Life.


Some weeks, its easy as pie. Print a few photos, stick them in pockets, play with some paper and embellishments. Done.

Some weeks, its a hard slog, and to be honest, sometimes I don't do it weekly, I often combine everything into one or two spreads for an entire month. Sometimes we do the same thing around here so often it feels like Groundhog Day, and to print the same photos over and over (despite the fact we might be wearing different clothes lol), seems a huge waste of time and money.

However, I'm soldiering on. Because looking back over to the weeks and weeks of photos and seeing the little moments in our lives that I'd long-forgotten about. The funny stuff my kids say, the sweet photos they love to take of themselves on my phone (and en-masse!) are worth documenting. Its also worth documenting about me and my loving husband. Noting what we do or like at various times throughout the year, to me, are worth remembering.

I've decided to be very zen but also very Capricorn-like about Project Life this year. I'm going to stay calm about it and not get overwhelmed. If I miss a week, I miss a week. MOVE  ON! However, I AM going to do it. No matter what.

OK onto the photos.


Here's my cover page:


I took the 2014 card I made for ABNH last week as my inspiration. however, the card wasn't the right size to fit into the PL pocket. The size-difference was making me twitchy. So I carefully ripped it off the yellow backing, and adhered it onto some Glitz Designs paper.

All the papers are from Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party and Glitz Design Finnley 6x6 paper pads.

The alphas on the right hand side are Kelly Purkey (I coloured them with copics), the enamel dots are MME, flair is from A Flair for Buttons (I think!). Other bits and pieces are from my stash.


Here's week 1. I had lots of fun with this.



Washi tape, Kelly Purkey alphas and enamel dots=happy place!


Thickers, wood veneer hearts from SC, Loving This Lately card from Ormolu!

Look at those faces :)

My new "nephew" was born :) (My best friend's baby. I'm so happy I was able to document this!). Olivia is on the right hand side looking rather large-headed lol (which is rare!), wearing the gorgeous outfit my darling friend Steph bought for her.





Flair I made myself, Hello tag is hand-made. I used Hero Arts stamp and the pink 'ombre' is from my Memento Luxe ink pad, I just pressed it onto the cardstock but lightened how I pressed it as I went down the paper (if that makes sense!).


Ok that's it for me! Hope you like it!

I'll be sharing more Project Life this year. Hope you dont mind :)

I'll be back soon with some layouts!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda, you did such a smashing job on your cover and first pages in your PL album. I adore your sweet photos and deliciously coordinated embellishments. Thanks so much for this delightful post.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Looking at these makes me want to take the plunge in to PL. However, if you think you are doing the same thing every day, then wait until you have teenagers on holidays! I am feeling very depressed these hols because I can't entice my son to do anything other than move from his bed to the couch with his Ipad - he doesn't need friends IRL! My daughter does a little bit more, but it depends if her BFF is around. Lol - I'm hoping it's just a stage!!!