LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Wednesday 18 December 2013

getting my feet wet again

Hello crafty friends.

Wow, it's been a long time since posts. That's mainly because it's been a long time since I made anything.

I hate how mojo-less I've been feeling lately! Getting my craft space in order ASAP is top priority right now! I hate not having everything 'just so'. Time to get it finalised so I can get crafty!

Anyhoo, I sat down to have a bit of a play last night and these two cards came out.

Sorry in advance for the less than fabulous photos, I haven't got my photo tent set up yet (nor can I find my SLR camera to take the good shots :P  my life is in a box...)

My first card is very soft and subtle.

 I had several of the Simon Says Stamp feathers, diecut out of a piece of thick vellum, and I saw it laying on my desk and thought it would make a great stencil. I was right! I love this effect!

Some Avery Elle flecked cardstock, Simon Says Stamp sentiment, Hero Arts inks :)


For my next card, something more graphic and masculine;

I diecut the feathers out of vellum, and stamped on them with the SSS Nautical Borders stamp. 
next I diecut the 'thanks' out of white cardstock and  some navy blue woodgrain patterned paper from MME Cut & Paste 6x6, then put the blue positive diecut into the white negative space (so it fits in like a puzzle)

I layered it onto some Avery Elle aqua cardstock, then added a strip more of the MME paper and adhered the feathers!

For a finishing touch I added a border of Sakura glitter pen around the white panel and the feathers.



Well, that's it for me today! I'll be back again soon I hope!

See you soon!




3 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I love them both!!!

Wendy G. said...

Let's hope this means your mojo has returned and sticks around. Your cards are fantastic! Now, where are my feather stamps and dues...

Marianne said...

dontcha just hate when the mojo returns but the camera is still MIA? So happy to see your cards