LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 9 November 2012

Hero Arts and Lawn Fawn love

Hi Hello Howdy!!

(I'm always trying to come up with interesting and new ways to say 'hello', so if you have a favourite, let me know and I'll add it to my list lol)

OK!! IT's been a SUPER fun, busy week over at ABNH, and we have had an inkin' good time playing with Hero Arts AND Lawn Fawn stamps all together. Gosh they just make such good friends cards don't they?!

So it's my turn on the blog today, so I thought I'd share what I made!  A few weeks ago Kelly Marie (owner of Lawn Fawn) shared a video showing off the new Lawn Fawn Let it Snow set, and she mentioned that the snowflakes (or dots) would make really cute confetti *lightbulb*

So that's what I did :)

LF_HA collab card

I've always been in love with this little Hero Arts girl stamp, and I still am. She's just the cutest!  I think this card would work perfectly for a New Years or Birthday card too, but I decided to go with Christmas this time :)

To make the 'confetti' I simply stamped the snowfall image from the Lawn Fawn Let it Snow set, using first Soft Yellow ink, then Soft Shadow Pool, then Soft Shadow Blossom inks (all from Hero Arts). By twisting and turning the stamp (even on a diagonal!) it made the snow look more random :)

here is a closeup of the glittery goodness :)

LF_HA collab card closeup

You can see her hands there on the front of the package (to make it look like she's holding the gift rather than it just hovering there in front of her). To 'make them', I stamped her head again, and used her ears! I think they make the perfect hands :)

I added glossy accents to her little red shoes (shiny red shoes=happiness after all!), I decided to use Diamond stickles for her skirt and headband, so that the red would shine through (gorgeous!) but on the bow of the gift (which is from the Lawn Fawn Pa-rum-pa-pum-pum set) I used silver stickles, so that they wouldn't be identical, but both still glittery :)

Other than those elements, I think the rest of the card is very self explanatory! However, if you have any questions, I'd love to help! Just let me know in the comments section :)

OK! That's it for me for today, I'm so glad I got to finally share this card wtih you! it's been ready and waiting for WEEKS AND WEEKS!

Be sure to head over to ABNH to see the other amazing creations, the DT has really done an amazing job!

Oh! and if you leave a comment on all of the Hero Arts-Lawn Fawn collaboration posts from this week, you'll go into the draw to win a prize!!

See you again soon lovelies!

*crafty hugs*

Linda xoxo

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

The confetti is genius! What a great card!

Unknown said...

I love your card.So cute thanks for sharing!