LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Friday 30 March 2012

Simon Says Stamp February Card kit

yes, you read that title correctly, FEBRUARY card kit :) I ordered this the MINUTE I saw it (January 10th to be exact), it was shipped soon after...and it arrived mid-March. I'm fairly sure there was someone at my local post office holding it ransom for 5 weeks. bastards :)

For a full look at what's in the kit, check out my darling Mary Dawn's video about it HERE. She goes through it piece by piece.
I decided to do some love-themed layouts, and try my hand at smaller sized layouts at that. 8.5 x 11...it's a first for me!  I used only what was in the kits, barring a COUPLE of extras (which I'll note under the layouts)

**warning: the lighting in these photos is NOT terribly great! sorry!**

Here is layout number one:

 extras: Tim Holtz tiny paperclip, Colorbox white ink, date stamp, twine, notebook edger punch, hexagon die, vellum (for butterfly on the right)
 The ONLY additionals for this one are the Tim Holtz tab edger die, tiny stapler, Hero Arts Soft Pink shadow ink
Additionals: Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday Love always Wins stamps (unseen here, on the journalling card which is inside the vellum envelope), American Crafts LAX thickers, doilies (both), white gel pen for faux stitching.


Well I hope you like! I thought it would be fun to show the card kits work for something OTHER than cards (and don't necessarily have to be for Valentines day even when the kits are geared that way)

I'll be back soon!



Linda xx

PS Don't forget to check out the Celebration week over at A Blog Named Hero--it's going amazingly well and we have some astonishingly pretty cards to share! Plus there are prizes for commenting :)

2 comments:

Chari Moss said...

Beautiful layouts...oh and thanks for making me want a hexagon die even more...no really, thanks! hehe. I love the one with Izzy in the sunglasses!

Anonymous said...

Aww these are such beautiful layouts Linda! Love that hexagon die!!