LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Sunday 23 October 2011

Simon Says Stamp challenge card

Hi there!

Today I've got a card that I made for the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog competition. The theme of which is;  

Be Inspired by a Nursery Rhyme or Fairy Tale

Cute theme right?! 

So I immediately went to my stamps--no fairies, no castles, no magic...hmmmm off to Tiddlyinks digital store!!

So here is my card:


I used my Prismacolour pencils to colour her dress and hair in, and then very lightly over her wings and around the edges of her wings with a slightly darker aqua.
I decided that if I were a fairy, I'd want a dress like hers :)
and I wouldn't mind those cute shoes too!
  To give the wings some magic sparkle, I used my Glimmer Mist as paint and very lightly went over the whole area (being careful to only brush inwards from the outer side of the wings, so the black of the printed image didn't smear and also to bring the darker aqua around the edges come into the centre)
 Here you can see the sparkle :)

And I did a little of the aqua Glimmer Mist on the stars, just for a little extra touch.

After I coloured her in and edged the page with Antique Linen Distress Ink, I cut it out and adhered to some hot pink Bazzill Cardstock.

I then cut some white cardstock to size and stamped the Hero Arts Friends Definition background stamp using Jenny Bowlin Chewing Gum ink (more pink!!) and edged the white cardstock with the same pink ink to finish it off.

To finish, I adhered it all together and added some gemstones from Hero Arts.

Hope you like it! I think it's the cutest image.

I'm "Dedicating" this card to my dear friend Laurel, who is having a bit of a hard time lately. Laurel--if you want the real card instead of just the image, let me know your mailing address! (lol)

Speak to you again soon friends~

thanks for popping in :)

*hugs*

Linda xx

2 comments:

Lorraine A said...

What a gorgeous card Linda :-) such a cute fairy and the whole design is beautiful ,, lovely colours and sparkle and the friends definition stamp is perfect :-)
I am sure Laurel will really appreciate this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Mephisto said...

Sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysChallenge.

Domi