LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 24 October 2011

Marketplace stamps..Robot Miss you

Hey there!

Have y'all heard of Market Street Stamps? I hadn't until just a few weeks ago. I saw the uber talented Jess Larsen use them and fell totally in love. So of course, I ordered a couple :) And then before they arrived, I ordered a couple more :) lol

I needed to make a card for my nephew, who is still living back in Perth (where we just moved from) and needed it to be both masculine (he's ALL boy :)) and cute. The adorable image, Robo Love was just the ticket.

As it turns out, the Young Crafters Unite challenge this week is to make a masculine card. I'm by no means young, but hey, I can still remember when I was, so maybe that counts for something :)

Any hoo, here is a card I made ;

 Firstly I stamped Mr Robot onto white cardstock and coloured him in using my (gorgeous) Prisma Colour Pencils. I tried to really focus on the shading and where the light was coming from etc. I still need a LOOOT of practice :)

Then I folded the card over and then diecut a circle out using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle die and my Big Shot. Next I chose some patterned paper from the My Minds Eye Stella and Rose Collection 6x6 paper pad and cut it to size (about a 1/8 of an inch smaller than the cardface) and cut that, this time choosing the circle die that is one size larger in the Nestabilities set.

I inked the edges of the circle with ink (Jenny Bowlin Cough Syrup for the inner circle and Tumbled Glass for the striped paper & outer circle).
I stamped a sentiment using Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABC's and Jenny Bowlin ink, then cut the strip out and rounded the corners and added two eyelets to thread some Bakers Twine through.

For a final touch I added some Enamel Accents to his eyes and some Glossy Accents to his heart :)

 On the inside I added "bots and bots" (I miss you bots and bots=lots and lots) to give my nephew a giggle.

Anyhoo that's it! Seems like a lot when you type it all out but it came together really easily. I'm so glad I got to finally make a window card as they've been popping up all over the place lately and I've been dying to make my own :)

Speak to you soon sweeties! I'd love to hear what you think.

*hugs*

Linda xx

3 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Linda, what a super cute card. I am sure your nephew will love it :)

Nielouphar (Neelu) said...

that's such a cute card! :))

Marie said...

So cute! Love the sentiment that continiues on the inside =) Thank you so much for playing along in the YCU challenge!