LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 15 October 2011

Hi there!

Just a quickie today, I've woken up early before my rugrats are awake so I could post something-


I made this using a piece of kraft cardstock and a piece of white cardstock...and lots of ink :)

All stamps are Lawn Fawn. (I mean literally ALL...oh, except for that tiny date stamp on the right).
 This is the fence stamp from Critters on the Farm, I used Jenny Bowlin Spun Sugar paint dabber to stamp and to paint the insides of the pickets.
 Lawn Fawn Say Cheese stamp, with Zing embossing powder.
The little leaves background is using Harvest Season with Jenny Bowlin Malted Milk ink on the Kraft cardstock background--I think I'm in love wtih this look.
 I masked off the clouds from Bon Voyage (before stamping them) and used Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky. Then I stamped the clouds in Tumbled Glass. I love how theres a slight white edge around parts of the clouds.

I was totally inspired by Kelly Marie's video HERE showing her make a thank you card using Autumn colours. It's actually Spring here in Australia but you wouldn't have known it lately! It's been super chilly, so I went with an Autumny feel. 
I had Mustard Seed (yellow), Fired Brick (red) and Wild Honey distress inks and used the exact same technique as Kelly Marie (why mess with genius?!) where I inked up the stamp with one colour, then gently touched an edge or a side with another colour. love love love this effect!

anyhoo, that's it for me!!

If anyone would like to follow me on twitter, I'll be putting  a link on the side of the blog soon. My 'handle' is @cutiepiechan. I'd love to tweet with ya!

Take care!

Linda xx

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS page, Linda! I love the kraft card stock and use of LF stamped images! Hope you are doing well! xo