LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Monday 15 August 2011

Shimelle's Online Scrapbooking Weekend

Hello there!!

I've been busy busy busy this past week or two, I've made several little bits and pieces, but today I'm going to start showing you the layouts I've been making for Shimelle Laine's Online Scrapbooking Weekend.  She's issued 13 challenges/prompts to get you going all to be completed by Sunday (I think they're all Sunday anyway! lol)

If you don't know who Shimelle is, go to her site immediately and get to know her! She's the sweetest little thing ever (I mean that in a totally good way), she's an American living in London (and loves it) and she scrapbooks like no other. I'm very deeply in love lol.  Make sure you get over the fact that she's wordy (like someone else we all know *whistles and looks around*), in fact, that nearly made me dismiss her blog altogether, but I'm so glad I had another look.

She has made SUCH a difference to my scrapbooking (and my mindset) I don't even know where to begin. Check out her free monthly class at Two Peas in a Bucket here too.

Anyway, enough of me gushing.

The first challenge I participated in was the Starting Point Challenge

This was the starting point 'sketch'.

I was immediately drawn to that big green rectangle as I'd just printed out a photo (literally minutes before I saw Shimelle's challenge) and wanted to use it.

So here is what I made:

I had the title in my head for hours beforehand (the song I mean--now try to get it out of your head lol!), and it just worked so perfectly I had to use it.

Here's a closeup of my little cloud. I thought it would be kind of amusingly ironic to punch a cloud out of cloud paper. I even chuckled to myself as I did it. (am I the only one who thinks this way?! haha)


 As you can see I didn't use much dimension but it didn't seem to need it. The grey-white patterned paper is kind of embossed and the strips/clouds and brown inking around the edge of everything (another Shimelle trick) make it so you don't need to physically add dimension. There's enough already.
Hope you like it!!

There will be more to follow soon (I've already made 3 layouts, there are definitely more inside me waiting to pour out!)

*Hugs*

Linda xx

1 comment:

Heather I. said...

I just really also love your scrapbooking!!!! Wonderful!