LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Saturday 20 November 2010

Christmas cards to inspire Day 4: Distress Ink Swiping

Hi there,

Welcome to day four of my Christmas Cards to Inspire!!

Hopefully I got the look of the snowy night correct, here in Perth, we literally NEVER have snow.  I've seen snow a total of twice, once it was falling in the distant mountains when I was in Hiroshima, the other time it was on the ground, in Niseko (a small town in the North of Japan).  I was in heaven and can't wait to see it/be in snow again. Till then, my little snowy christmas card will have to do! *wink*

Here is today's card;





This card is SO easy and perfect for mass production;

First I took the Hero Arts Starry Night stamp and wiped Black Soot Distress Ink from left to right. I then stamped it onto white cardstock.  The 'wiping' created a look of a snowstorm/a windy snowy night around the trees.  *LOVE*

Next I rubbed a tiny bit of Mustard Seed Distress Ink over the largest star in the top right corner, to give it a glow.

Then I added some Diamond Stickles to the ground and stars (a tiny bit to the tree branches would work too, but I left mine bare).   I tied some red and white striped bakers twine around the image, tying it to a button.

Then I adhered the white stamped cardstock onto a slightly larger piece of black cardstock, to create a matte.  Then I adhere both layers onto a piece of white textured cardstock that I had cut to size and scored in the centre to make the card.

On the inside (not pictured), I stamped a Christmas sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed with Stampendous Red Transparent Tinsel Embossing Powder.

That's it!! Like I said, super easy and perfect for mass production!

Hope you like it!  Let me know what you thought :)

See you tomorrow with another card!

Take care lovelies 

Linda xx

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

CAN'T believe that it's easy to mass produce! Stunning card, Linda!

Yenni said...

wow...this is something new! thanks for sharing

yenni