LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 26 October 2010

hello again

Hello!!!

Well I decided that yesterdays post was probably about as interesting as watching paint dry and by paint, I don't mean like Jennifer McGuire used on this weeks "Thinking Inking" series of videos on Twopeasinabucket.  I could literally curl up into an envious little ball and DIE that woman is so talented. pffffft her and her talentedness. LOL

ANyway, yesterdays post was also depressing so enough of that! I refuse to be kept down!! Viva la avocado!!! No wait...that's not right lol. Actually that was what some kids were graffiti'ing all over my high school when I was in year 11. I thought it was kind of hysterical in it's ridiculously inane commentary. Viva la avocado...teehee. still makes me giggle--even though I'm REALLY not pro-grafitti--in fact the total opposite.

ANyway, here are a couple of pics that make me happy:

Look at this pile of loot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Linda from a2z really jam-packed the box this time LOL.  I can't wait to get in there and play with it all.  I'll show you all what I make with it really soon.

Ok on to an ACTUAL CREATION!! *GASP*.  I know right?!
Here is a Wedding card I made for my mum who was going to a co-workers ceremony a few weeks ago.  The bride loves green so much her bridesmaid dresses were all wearing the colour, thus the choice of colour for the card.

 First I stamped the Old Letter Writing Definition background stamp on the cardstock using Peeled Paint Distress Ink and inked over it in Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters Distress ink.
Next I stamped the Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish in Versamark and heat embossed it in white embossing powder.
Then I attached some olive coloured lace, thick white satin ribbon and matching olive coloured embroidery thread and made the bow. I attached a segment of an old bracelet that I had taken apart as a charm.
The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is stamped in Black Stayz on.
The bling are Prima e-line.
 the inside of the card was made using Pumice Stone Distress ink and the same Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish

This envelope is hand-made to fit the card inside without destroying the bow. Long story short, I measured, I fiddled, I cut, I measured more, I fiddled more, I cut more LOL. It took me a while, I wish I made a template!  Same Fabulous Flourish stamp with white embossing powder on the outside, but I also used the Tim Holtz On the edge Brackets die for the edge of the green cardstock as the envelope's "lip".

ANyhoo--that's it for me!! Hope you had a fabulous day and I'll talk to you all again soon!!

Lots of hugs
Linda xx

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

This is SO gorgeous! Love how you that flourich stamp! The bride is going to LOVE it! I can't wait to see what you do with that huge stash!! WOW~