LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Masculine sympathy card



Hi again!

A quickie today.

Here is a sympathy card I made for my best friend's husband, who recently lost his dear grandmother. I wasn't sure where to go for a masculine sympathy card but decided that just because it's for a man, doesn't mean it can't be beautiful.

I decided to stick with muted colours and an unusual design. I put the note from us inside the envelope and kept the card single layer (like a postcard).

The stats:
Flower: Prima "Raspberry"
Ribbon: Martha Stewart
Lace: $1 shop!! yay!!
Envelope: Maya Road (LOVE LOVE LOVE)
Stamps: Flourish & La letter woodblock, Sentiment "Thinking of You" Cling (Hero Arts)
Button & Twine: my stash
Ivory cardstock
Inks: Black Soot (Sentiment), Frayed Burlap, Walnnut Stain & Peeled Paint(envelope & backing card)
Backing to photo: Matt's jeans :) I had to take the photo in the car on the way to deliver it!!


anyhoo, thanks for stopping by and looking! I hope you like--please feel free to leave a comment!! I'd love to hear your thoughts...

till next time~~

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

Perfect sympathy card! Love that envelope that you used and all the elements work so beautifully together!