LINDA TRACE DESIGNS

crafty adventures of a makeup loving Japanophile!

.

.

Tuesday 6 July 2010

many creations and apologies ...

Hello again!!

I promised I'd be back didn't I?!

Ok, so today, a few cards that I made a while back but forgot to post and a few newies...

first the older ones...














The first was made using Broken China DI on scalloped circles I punched out and stamped with the Hero Arts Dots & Flowers woodblock stamp, Claudine Helmuth Sticky-back Canvas with Faded Jeans DI and the Hero Arts Japanese writing stamp. The canvas is mounted on white cardstock inked with Faded Moss & Peeled Paint DI, which is mounted on a piece of white cardstock that has the Hero arts Friends Definition stamped in Walnut Ink with Tea Dye & Antique Linen ink over the page...FINALLY I topped alll those layers on brown Bazzil cardstock and rounded the corners...

The second card is made using some cardstock I picked up at the Perth Craft Fair, it's a wedding paper pad set...name of which completely evades me!! (I'll come back and add the name later) I used the tutorial Dawn on youtube did for the 'waterfall card'--you can find plenty of them.













This card is using another set of papers I got at the Perth Craft Fair, Mariposa is the name and it's just a teeny pad of paper, maybe 5"x3.5". GORGEOUS papers!! I diecut the butterfly on my Bigkick and then heat embossed with Bronze embossing powder and the Hero Arts Swirl Stamp.
The sentiment is from Hero ARts and says "thinking of you". The little black butterfly you see on the Sentiment piece (the central piece of card) is from Martha Stewart Punch. I thought this would be a great sympathy card but it could also be nice just for a birthday/everyday card for someone a little older.

I just want to wrap myself up in the gorgeous bird cage paper in this set. Card tutorial is on Splitcoast Stampers (Tri-fold card).

I might just give you a list of details for this one:
Hero Arts Wildflower Stamp--inked with Walnut stain DI, I heat embossed it half in clear embossing powder and the other parts I used white to make an unusual effect-it looks great in person. (I'd like to try this as snow actually!)
Hero Arts French letter stamp-antique Linen Distress Ink
Antique Linen & a touch of Walnut Stain on the page behind & on sentiment (which is handwritten).
The flower & 'ripple' is handmade from lace, using hotglue. (Technique shown on Marion Smith's ustream channel)



Hero Arts stamps: Hydrangea, French Script, Grid Pattern
Inks: Broken China & Peeled Paint & Forest Moss (for flower)
Broken China, Weathered Wood (Grid background)
Antique Linen (white page in background).
Stayz on in Black on Transparency paper for the sentiment.
Mushroom coloured embroidery thread for bow.







The deets:
Walnut Stain & Frayed Burlap (for background cardstock)
Peeled Paint & Frayed Burlap for tag wtih French Script Hero Arts stamp in Walnut stain on tag.
Peeled Paint & Swiss Dots embossing folder on backing piece of paper.
White embossing powder for leaf stamp on tag.
Peeled Paint ink on white prima e-line flowers.
White Martha Stewart ribbon.

mini tag with handwritten sentiment--from a packet of ribbon I bought from a craft shop-if only I could find some of these to buy!


ok!! that's it!! sorry it's taken sooooooooooo long. We've all been sick one after another in my house this last week and my mojo was a bit AWOL before that...I keep starting projects, loving them then I get to the end and think..."hmmm what's the finishing touch that it needs?" and then I get frustrated and huff as I leave my craft desk because I can't find just the right thing...I need MUCH more ribbon :)
I have a mini album to put a video up for but I have to send it to my friend first!


thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

Ayana Posadas said...

Beautiful Work! :)